The Lord Of Myself

Twinkle, twinkle little star...!! Shoot for the stars, even if you miss those you'll reach the moon.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Marriage...Carriage...Carnegie..!!

..the first two terms of the title are self-explanatory, however, the third element requires little explanation, and it has to do with why I haven't considered US B-schools in general and Carnegie Mellon in particular (I've been wait-listed at Tepper). Apart from typical reasons such as Time to be spent (2 yrs vs 1 yr), expenses in dollars, inclination to work in a growing market (India), relatively more experienced, close to home etc, there is one special reason why I want to do a 1-year MBA program vis-a-vis a 2 year program - Marriage!!

Now that all my friends have got married or almost getting married (ofcourse, including 'opposite-gender' friends), I've no incentive to defer mine by another year :) Hence, I permit my parents to search/fix for me a suitable bride in a year's time frame!! Jokes apart, it is an important phase in my life - this 1-year at ISB will serve as a rocketing launching pad and i won't mind missing the last term of the series in the title ever and the first two in this year..:)

tata...Satish.
P.S: I've not done as badly in economics mid-paper as I had feared..!!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Sabyasachi said…

    Satish.. do consult us when u receive the snaps to chose from.

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Satish Udayagiri said…

    Sure..Sabya...:) Searching can happen within ISB campus as well...!!

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Satish,

    Nice blog. Simple one and interesting. What specilization you opted for MBA in ISB?

    Sanjeev.
    sanjeevgouda@gmail.com

     
  • At 4:39 AM, Blogger Satish Udayagiri said…

    Hi Sanjeev,
    Thanks. I've not opted for any specialization as yet - but am planning to major in Finance and Marketing..

    - Satish

     

Post a Comment

<< Home